(First Published Dec 15, 2017)
Job Description: Multimedia, Website and Graphic Designer
Department: Production and Web Services
Reports to: MNNCIJ Editor/ Publisher
Function include analysing functional and systems requirements, design, validating data acquisition and output media/formats, designing user interfaces, developing and maintaining websites, interactive applications, simulations, video and audio editing and streaming. The Multimedia Graphic Designer under general direction incorporates advanced multimedia technology such as graphic design, multimedia authoring, website-oriented media integration, advance publishing (e.g. colour separation, advanced image processing and design), digital video acquisition and production, professional media acquisition, and/or two- or three-dimensional animation and visualization to support MNNCIJ web presence; performs related duties as required. Keeps up to date the MNNCIJ social media platforms and carries out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Design and develop multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animation and video.
- Perform technical duties in the production of web-based video and audio projects, video streaming, and other multimedia productions.
- Troubleshoot, test, and analyse technical problem and determine solutions.
- Provide technical consultation to MNNCIJ team and staffers.
- Work collaboratively with the web content manager, content writers, and other colleagues to develop creative multimedia materials for websites and other MNNCIJ platforms.
- Online publishing
- Ensure that all MNNCIJ online platforms content and systems are up to date at all times.
- Perform any duties that may be assigned by the management.
Preference will more than likely be given to those with relevant Diplomas and or Degrees, including courses in:
- Art/fine art/Graphic Design
- Communication design
- Digital media engineering
- Media arts
- Multimedia systems/web engineering
- Print and digital media management
- Visual communication and design
Advanced coursework in multimedia, graphic design, and Web design. Progressively responsible experience in the conceptualization, design, and production of animation, graphics, multimedia, audio/videos; experience in a non-linear video and audio editing/production and/or Web development environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Interested Candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in a graphic design and wed designer role.
Must have experience in web development.
Candidate should have expertise in designing for multi-channel placements (print, web, email and social media).
Candidate should have an eye for typography, composition, layout, colour, high-quality production with pixel-level attention to detail.
Candidate must be proficient in use of Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator and InDesign) and are a must.
Candidate must be proficient in Video and audio editing software’s usage like Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio.
Candidate must have:
- strong interpersonal and professional skills,
- Enthusiasm, drive and ability to work effectively within a team and under minimal supervision from time to time.
- Effective communication skills.
- Understanding of global graphics differences desirable.
- Ability to iterate and sketch out ideas quickly.
- Advanced video streaming and animation.
- Advanced graphic design skills.
Remuneration: We offer a modest salary for the position to be disclosed to selected candidates for interview.
Interested candidates should forward their academic credentials, resume/CV, work samples, two reference letters and a cover letter to email@example.com on or before January 5th 2018.
For further information about MNNCIJ and its programmes please visit our website: www.lescij.org.